- Practices take place during the school/word day (no running around the region for practices and games in the evenings.
- Development takes place over a 5 year period.
- Same amount of games as city hockey, but only takes place over the course of 6 weekends all winter. Exhibition games will be used to fill blanks in the schedule.
- Student-Athlete model: Hockey skill development within the regular school day.
Gee Gees Varsity Hockey Team:
- Midget (15-16-17 years of age).
Symmes Junior Varsity Hockey Team:
- Major Peewee/Bantam (12-13-14 years of age).
- Approximately 80 hours of ice-time.
- Approximately 80 hours of off-ice training.
- 6 tournaments throughout Ontario, Quebec and the U.S.
- Player evaluation over 5 year period (individual skills and video instruction).
Academic-Athletes are expected to:
- Maintain GREEN for attitude to study in all courses.
- Successfully pass all courses each term.