GENERAL INFORMATION FOR PARENTS RE: COURSE SELECTION
- Students who do not return completed forms will lose their right to choose ARTS or Options courses; they will have these courses assigned by Mr.Singfield.
- Students entering Grade 7 will automatically be scheduled into Art, Drama and Music (these courses are trimestered).
- In the event that your child will not be attending Symmes or D'Arcy during the 2017-2018 school year, please complete and return the form regardless.
- Determination of whether or not a Symmes student is promoted from one grade level to the next is based on promotion by level; that is to say in the event a student fails two or more of English, French and Math, he or she will repeat his/her school year.
- etermination of whether or not a D'Arcy student is promoted is based on subject promotion; that is to say if a student fails a subject he/she will retake the subject in the following year.
The pre-requisites for graduation (graduation requirements) from secondary school in Quebec are as follows:
- A minimum of 54 MELS credits
- A minimum of 20 credits must be from Secondary V
- Secondary V English
- Secondary V French
- Secondary IV History
- Secondary IV Science
- Secondary IV Math
- Secondary IV Arts Option (ond of the following: Art, Drama, Music)
- One of the following: Secondary V Ethics or Physical Education
- Students who wish to take Chemistry or Physics in Grade 11 must successfully complete SCE402 (Science and Technology of the Environment) in Grade 10.
- Students who wish to take Physics in Grade 11 must have successfully completed advanced Math (MSC406) in Grade 10.
- Students going to Grades 10 and 11 will be registered into Math courses based on their results in the current year.
- Students will be issued course selection confirmation sheets during the third week of March; course selection change requests will be accepted up until the end of March.